Peppermint dimaksudkan untuk Cloud Computing, tp bukan berarti setiap saat harus konek internet. Peppermint tetep bisa diinstal aplikasi offline.
Distro ini kykx ndak populer di Indo tp ane suka krn ringan (pake LXDE) dan gampang pengoperasiannya (turunan Ubuntu,Lubuntu)
ini beritanya Copy Paste dari peppermintos.com
[spoiler]Hello from Peppermint Headquarters in the gorgeous mountains of western North Carolina, USA. Thereï¿½s been a lot of waiting and anticipating for the latest iteration of our operating system, Peppermint Three and we are just about ready to deliver.
After this final phase of tweaking and then a short rigorous testing period, we are happy to announce a projected release date, available right here at the official website on Monday July 23, 2012
We really appreciate everyoneï¿½s patience as we make sure the recipe is just right so we can offer you the absolute best version of Peppermint that has been released to date. We are super excited and canï¿½t wait for you to see what we have to offer. Stay tuned and look for Peppermint Three on Monday July 23rd, 2012
Peppermint Three menggunakan Lubuntu 12.04LTS sbg basisnya.
Fitur2 yg disertakan menggunakan fitur LinuxMint: LinuxMint Software Center & Update Manager
[spoiler]Hello to All,
We are proud to announce the release of Peppermint OS Three in both 32 and 64 bit builds. This edition is based on Lubuntu 12.04 and, as always, uses some features from the ever awesome Linux Mint. Both builds are available as free downloads and will be available via purchasable live cd/usb in the very immediate future. Hereï¿½s a quick overview of some of the details associated with this release:
- The Chromium Stable repository is now enabled by default. This means no waiting on new versions as any updates will be immediately available as opposed to waiting on upstream maintainers to merge updates into the main repository.
- Weï¿½ve taken a different direction with the look and feel and have decided to go with a very light theme and default artwork. The new look was designed around the new default desktop background created by a very talented art student named Ilina from Bulgaria as well as Daniel Burke who contributed to the menu theme
- Weï¿½ll be shipping with fewer default web applications in the menu as we feel that weï¿½d rather not clog everything up by default. Instead weï¿½d rather the users select what theyï¿½d like. Weï¿½re still including some Google and Pixlr apps as well as some Peppermint related links.
- Peppermint Three is the first distribution to ship with GWoffice by default. This is a desktop Google Docs client that is lightweight and runs completely independent of Chromium. Itï¿½s still beta software, but we feel it offers a great improvement over using Docs from a browser or SSB.
- The GIMP 2.8 is in the Peppermint repository as opposed to version 2.6 that is available in the upstream releases. This version has been a long time coming and offers some improvements over the older iteration, notably a single window view.
- Weï¿½ve moved back to Linux Mintï¿½s update manager over Ubuntuï¿½s due to a handful of issues we had with it in Peppermint Two. We feel that Mintï¿½s software is time tested to be stable and reliable and weï¿½d like to pass as much of that on as possible with Peppermint.
There are a handful of minor things detailed in the release notes that you may want to be aware of. We certainly hope you enjoy it. Please give us feedback so that we can work to improve the release, and if you feel like it, weï¿½re always accepting of a donation to the project. Enjoy.
$ crontab -e
# m h dom mon dow command
50 20 * * * cd /home/user/Download && wget -c http://peppermintos.info/dl1/Peppermint ... 2-i386.iso
tapat jam 20:50 akan otomatis download... besok baru anem
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests